Immortal Architects by Paige Orwin

__________R E V I E W__________

★★★★


     I really wish I would have read the first book in this series "The Interminables". Not because I didn't get a feel or understand what was going on, no, the author does a great job of explaining, but because it would have been nice to see where the story was and how it ended in book one. 
     This novel doesn't lack on great writing, epic world building, fantastical creatures, likable characters, and meaningful, mutually beneficial relationships. Matter of fact, it's been a long time since I've read a book with such a weirdly charming setting. It's so cool. I know that is a lame description of the grand magical world Paige Orwin has created in this series, but I mean it with heartfelt utmost respect. 
     I can't imagine anyone who enjoys epic fantasy worlds not loving this fascinating piece of dystopian fiction. 
     I know, with all these big descriptive words of love, why the four stars? Well, anyone who has read my reviews in the past, knows I'm not someone who loves and depends on written description, and this book, more than anything, does not lack on such. I know why it's important to write such visual aids, but I'm a very imaginative person, and really appreciate stories that have just enough that it still allows me to exercise my imagination. 
     Personal preference aside, everyone should read this novel and as great as the second was, I can only imagine how incredible the first one reads. 
     I plan to find out eventually. It's totally a high priority in my TBR pile.

 
__________B O O K__D E T A I L S__________


T I T L E: Immortal Architects
S E R I E S: Interminables (Nº 2)
A U T H O R: Paige Orwin
P U B L I S H E R: Angry Robot Books
P U B L I S H--D A T E: September 5, 2017
I S B N: 9780857665942
Fantasy, Dark Fantasy

Edmund Templeton, a time-manipulating sorcerer, and Istvan Czernin, the deathless spirit of WWI, are the most powerful agents of the magical cabal now ruling the US East Coast. Their struggle to establish a new order in the wake of magical catastrophe is under siege: cults flourish and armies clash on their borders. Perhaps worst of all the meteoric rise of a technological fortress-state threatens their efforts to keep the peace.

As if that weren't enough, a desperate call has come in from the west. A superstorm capable of tearing rock from mountains is on its way, and it acting unlike any storm ever seen before. Who better to investigate than two old friends with the sudden need to prove themselves?


*I received an advanced copy of this via NetGalley in exchange for a fair review*